Caring for your hands and feet are important parts of your personal hygiene. Caring for these important parts of your body prevents the occurrence of diseases that affect these parts.
Causes of Foot Problems
- Excessive feet activity: Engaging your feet in several activities such as running or playing football can expose it to injuries and pains.
- Prolonged standing: Standing at the same point for too long can hurt your feet and cause you pains.
- Hard floors: Hard floors can make your feet stiff and painful when you stand on them most of the time.
- Dry skin: Some people are known to have very dry skins; such skins require some special treatments that stop blisters from occurring.
- High-heeled shoes: Some high-heeled shoes worn by most ladies can cause injuries to your leg when worn for long.
- Diseases: Certain skin problems can cause blisters in your leg. Diseases such as diabetes can equally give you injuries.
Tips for Foot Care
There are several ways you can care for your feet and get rid of these problems. Some of them are listed below:
- Wear socks and shoes with close backs: This measure can go a long way to prevent the occurrence of injuries associated with wearing sandals with open backs for too long.
- Select closed end and soft shoes for long standing: If you are going to be standing for too long, make sure you select soft and easy-wearing shoes.
- Give your feet some treatment: Take some warm water, add salt and Vaseline to the water and dip your feet in the solution for about 30 minutes. Clean your feet with a rough brush or a rough stuffed cloth.
- Apply feet cream: Some creams are specifically made for your feet and heels, apply such cream to your feet before you sleep and leave it on your feet till the next morning.
- Eat healthy: A healthy and balanced diet is a very necessary aspect of every foot care treatment. Include things like yoghurt, fruits, milk, vegetables and lean meats in your daily diet.
- Apply glycerin: Apply a mixture of rosewater and glycerin to make your feet softer on daily basis. This can also work for your hands.
- Dip your hands or feet in concentrated lemon juice: Dip your hands and feet in lemon juice for about 25 minutes. It may aggravate the pains coming from the cracks, but you will be relieved.
- Use coconut oil: Coconut oil can equally provide soothing relieve for cracks in your hands or feet. Creams hat contain coconut oil are quite good for this.
- Apply some honey: Honey has been found as one of the most effective remedies for cracked feet.
Tips for Caring For Your Nails
Nail care is also an important part of your personal hygiene. Below are some ways you can care for your nails:
- Always keep your nails short and make sure you file them regularly.
- Protect your hands with rubber gloves if you always make use of chemicals in your workplace.
- Avoid cutting your nails with scissors.
- Use garlic on your nails to help them grow well.
Caring for Your Hands
- Hand Massage: Hand massage actually costs nothing, but it can be a very effective way for caring for your hands. Using one hand to massage the other will enhance blood circulation to your hands and help keep your hands warm.
- Wear hand gloves while working: Protect your hands with hand gloves whenever you are doing your laundry, working in the garden, or doing dishes/cooking in the kitchen.
- Moisturize your hands: Applying moisturizers or Vaseline on your hands will help you get very silky and soft hands. Wear a pair of gloves after the treatment for better results.
- Apply olive or coconut oil: Applying any of these natural oils will help keep your hands soft.
- Apply cucumber and glycerin: A mixture of these two can help keep your hands soft and silky.
- Other treatments: Other natural ways you can care for your hands include rubbing a mixture of tomato juice, glycerin and lime every night. You can equally apply a mixture of equal amounts of honey and orange juice.