Perfect health and well-being are largely tied to physical body activity and regular exercise, and this is a must if you want to remain healthy and live long too. Fitness exercises give you the body shape you desire, and it also gives you the potential to sculpt your body in a way that gets you modeling and commercial ad roles.
But there are two crucial issues here:
- Having a goal helps you to succeed at fitness and exercise programs
- Understanding the health benefits of fitness and exercise regimens give you a boost
Goals/Benefits of fitness and exercise regimens
Some of the benefits of fitness exercises and physical activity are:
- It burns excess body fat
- It builds muscles, tissues, and bones
- It lowers cholesterols and risks of heart diseases
- It eases work stress and related anxiety
- It enhances peaceful sleep and rest
- It controls weight gain and enhances weight loss
- It improves blood circulation, and mental health
- It increases your chances of living longer and healthier
- It puts you in shape for sporting activities and competition
- It helps with your modeling and movie careers
Types of fitness and exercises
There are over 50 types of fitness and exercise regimen to choose from depending on your health objectives and fitness goals. But the most common ones are those suitable for giving strength or building body parts like the abs, arms, back, chest, shoulders, thighs, and other body parts. However, you can choose simple fitness and exercise routines like jogging, swimming, trekking, gardening, and cycling; and you can go for more rigorous body-building trainings in gyms where you use specialized fitness equipment.
Types of fitness gym equipment
There are various types of fitness and gym equipment for workout purposes. Some of them are:
- Ab crunch machine – to develop abdominal muscles
- Stationary bicycling machine – to develop the quadriceps
- Butterfly machine – to develop chest muscles
- Cables and pulleys – for the chest and arms
- Calf press – to develop the calves
- Chair squat – quadriceps
- Decline smith press – for the chest
- Dip machine – for the triceps
- Elliptical trainer machine – for the quadriceps
- Glute ham raise – for the hamstrings
- Hack squat – to develop the quadriceps
- Jogging treadmill – for the quadriceps
- Lat pull-down machine – for the backs
- Leg extensions – for the quadriceps
- Leg press – for the quadriceps
- Pec deck machine – to develop the chest muscles
- Others – wall bars, streetstrider, dumbbell, kettlebell, treadmills, pull-up bars, etc.
There are hundreds of fitness training gym machines, accessories, wears, and hydration packs to choose from, and you are at liberty to patronize a gym that has the facilities that you require.
Nutrition and supplements
There are lots of nutrition and supplements available for fitness and exercise purposes and goals, but largely speaking, you must ensure that you consume products that are –
- Gluten free
- High in protein
- Rich in fiber
- Low in fat
- Low in sodium
- Rich in Omega 3s
- Fruit and veggie based
- Use hydration packs
Personal trainer/Training videos
It is always best to hire a personal fitness trainer, or to enroll at a fitness and health center or gym if you’re taking your personal fitness serious and to another level. The reason for this is that not all fitness exercises are suitable for you; depending on your age, fitness goals, medical conditions, and factors – it is always best to have a certified and licensed personal trainer to help and guide you into meeting your fitness goals without compromising your health.
However, all things being equal, you can also buy fitness and exercise DVDs to play and apply at home, and with deliberate attention and discipline, you can reach your fitness goals applying what you watch from fitness training videos.
Avoiding sports injuries
If you’re going professional with your fitness and exercise regimen, you have to understand sport injuries could occur if you’re careless and this is the more reason you have to train under the supervision of a licensed personal fitness trainer. Some of the sport injuries that could occur from fitness and exercise trainings are –
- Achilles tendon injury
- Ankle injuries
- Groin pull
- Hamstring injuries
- Head injuries
- Muscle strains
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Shin splints
- Soreness after exercises
- And other workout injuries, etc.
Whatever your fitness and exercise goals are, ensure you undergo a regular exercise routine to maximize your health and the best of overall wellbeing. Routine exercises are good and recommended, but understand why you must exercise; hire a licensed professional personal fitness trainer or enroll at a fitness center and gym; adhere to dieting plans and recommended nutritional supplements; and avoid extreme exercises that could cause personal injuries.